FULL RAMP CLOSURES SCHEDULED FOR I-64 WIDENING PROJECT
Detours will be in place during overnight closures on February 25-March 1
YORK COUNTY — Contractor crews with the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) will close the following ramps to perform construction activities on the second segment of the I-64 Widening Project, from Route 199 (exit 242) to Yorktown Road (exit 247):
February 25 - March 1:
- I-64 west off-ramp to Route 143 (exit 243B), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Route 199 east on-ramp to I-64 west, as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 east on- and off-ramps to Route 199 west (exit 242A), as early as 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
All construction work is dependent upon weather conditions. Signs will be in place to alert motorists to the ramp closures and detour. All ramps will not be closed at the same time to maintain access to the detour routes.
Additional scheduled lane closures for the I-64 Widening project this week include:
- Alternating single-lane closures, as well as intermittent stoppages up to 20 minutes, on I-64 east and west from Colonial Parkway to Lee Hall (exit 247) February 25 – March 1, starting as early as 7 p.m. until 5 a.m.
- Lane closures under flagger control on Yorktown Road and Penniman Road at the I-64 overpasses on February 25 - March 1, from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Single lane closures on I-64 east and west from the James City-York County Line (mile marker 233) to Route 199 west (Exit 242A) February 25 - March 1, starting as early as 7 p.m. until 5 a.m. for soil boring operations.
Traffic will be detoured as follows:
Route 199 east on-ramp to I-64 west closure:
- Follow signs on Route 199 east to traffic signal
- Make a U-turn at signal to access Route 199 west
- Follow Route 199 west to I-64 west on-ramp
Route 199 west on-ramp to I-64 east closure:
- Follow signs on Route 199 west to Route 60 ramp
- From Route 60 take the Route 199 east ramp
- Follow signs to the I-64 east on-ramp
I-64 east to Route 199 west (exit 242A) closure:
- Take Exit 243B to Route 143 west
- Follow signs on Route 143 west to ramp for Route 199 west
I-64 west off-ramp to Route 143 (exit 243B) closure:
- Take Exit 242A to Humelsine Parkway (VA-199 west)
- Keep right and follow signs for VA-143 detour
- Exit right at the Williamsburg VA-143 exit