FULL RAMP CLOSURES SCHEDULED FOR I-64 WIDENING PROJECT
Detours will be in place during overnight closures on January 14-18
YORK COUNTY — Contractor crews with the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) will close the following ramps to perform construction activities on the second segment of the I-64 Widening Project, from Route 199 (exit 242) to Yorktown Road (exit 247):
- Route 199 east on-ramp to I-64 west, as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Route 199 west on-ramp to I-64 east, as early as 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 west off-ramp to Route 143 (exit 243B), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
All construction work is dependent upon weather conditions. Signs will be in place to alert motorists to the ramp closures and detour.
Additional scheduled lane closures for the I-64 Widening project this week include:
- Alternating single-lane closures on I-64 east and west from Colonial Parkway to Lee Hall (Exit 247) on January 14-18, starting eastbound as early as 8 p.m. until 5 a.m. and westbound as early as 7 p.m. until 5 a.m.
- Lane closures under flagger control on Penniman Road at the I-64 overpass on January 14-18, from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Lane closures under flagger control on Jefferson Avenue at the I-64 overpass on January 14-18, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Traffic will be detoured as follows:
Route 199 east on-ramp to I-64 west closure:
- Follow signs on Route 199 east to traffic signal
- Make a U-turn at signal to access Route 199 west
- Follow Route 199 west to I-64 west on-ramp
Route 199 west on-ramp to I-64 east closure:
- Follow signs on Route 199 west to Route 60 ramp
- From Route 60 take the Route 199 east ramp
- Follow signs to the I-64 east on-ramp
I-64 west off-ramp to Route 143 (exit 243B) closure:
- Take Exit 242A to Humelsine Parkway (VA-199 west)
- Keep right and follow signs for VA-143 detour
- Exit right at the Williamsburg VA-143 exit