OVERNIGHT LANE CLOSURES FOR I-64 WIDENING PROJECT
Sunday, June 25 – Saturday, July 1
NEWPORT NEWS—Lane closures are scheduled for the I-64 Widening Project as follows:
- Alternating single-lane closures on I-64 east and west June 25-29, starting as early as 9 p.m. to 5 a.m., starting near Lee Hall (exit 247) and ending near Jefferson Avenue (exit 255).
- Right lane closure on Fort Eustis Boulevard (VA-105) west at the I-64 overpass on June 26-28, starting at 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Alternating single-lane closures on I-64 east and west from Colonial Parkway to Lee Hall (Exit 247) June 25-29, starting as early as 8 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning.
- CANCELED: Full ramp closure on I-64 west to VA-143 (exit 243B) on June 28-29, from 9 p.m. until 5 a.m.
- Alternating lane closures in both directions will take place under flagger control on Burma Road at the I-64 overpass June 27-30, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- 20-minute stoppages on Penniman Road at the I-64 overpass on June 25-28, from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- There are long-term traffic patterns with one lane of traffic remaining open in each direction on Jefferson Avenue and Yorktown Road at the I-64 overpasses.
The speed limit is reduced to 55mph in the I-64 work zone in both directions between Jefferson Avenue (exit 255) and Colonial Parkway.
Please check http://www.i64widening.org/news_information/traffic_alert.asp for the latest closure/detour information.
TRAVEL LANE AND FULL RAMP CLOSURES SCHEDULED OVERNIGHT ON I-64 EAST AT FORT EUSTIS BOULEVARD FOR I-64 WIDENING PROJECT
Detours will be in place during three nights of ramp closures starting Sunday, June 18
NEWPORT NEWS —Contractor crews with the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) will close the I-64 east off-ramp to Fort Eustis Boulevard on June 18-20, from 9 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning. There will also be alternating single-lane closures on Fort Eustis Boulevard in both directions on June 19-20, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The lane closures are necessary to perform construction activities for the first segment of the I-64 Widening Project.
All construction work is dependent upon weather conditions. Signs will be in place to alert motorists to the ramp closures and detour.
Traffic will be detoured as follows:
Eastbound traffic on I-64 to Fort Eustis Boulevard west will be detoured through the Fort Eustis Boulevard interchange:
- Take exit 250B to Fort Eustis Boulevard (VA-105 east)
- Keep right and follow signs for I-64 west
- Keep right to stay on exit 250A to Fort Eustis Boulevard (VA-105 west)
Contractor crews with the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) will install consecutive lane closures on Fort Eustis Boulevard (Route 105) and Jefferson Avenue (Route 143) beginning Tuesday, March 29. The lane closures are necessary to perform construction activities for the first segment of the I-64 Widening Project and are estimated to remain in place through mid 2017.
Fort Eustis Boulevard: Right lane closures in the east- and westbound directions between Jefferson Avenue and the bridge over the CSX railroad. The interstate entrance and exit ramps will remain open.
Jefferson Avenue: Left turn traffic from Jefferson Avenue northbound onto Fort Eustis Boulevard will be reduced to one lane.
Motorists are advised to be alert to the reduced 55 mph work zone speed limit between Jefferson Avenue (exit 255) and Lee Hall (exit 247) which will remain in effect throughout construction.