OVERNIGHT LANE CLOSURES FOR I-64 WIDENING PROJECT
Sunday, August 20 - Saturday, August 26
NEWPORT NEWS—Lane closures are scheduled for the I-64 Widening Project as follows:
- Alternating single-lane closures on I-64 east and west August 20-24, as early as 9 p.m. to 5 a.m., starting near Lee Hall (exit 247) and ending near Jefferson Avenue (exit 255). The Sunday night eastbound closure will not begin before 10 p.m.
- Alternating single-lane closures on I-64 east and west from Colonial Parkway to Lee Hall (Exit 247) August 20-24, starting as early as 8 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning.
- Full ramp closure overnight on I-64 west to VA-143 (exit 243B) on August 21 and August 23-24, from 9 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning. Detour in place.
- There are long-term traffic patterns with one lane of traffic remaining open in each direction on Jefferson Avenue and Yorktown Road at the I-64 overpasses.
The speed limit is reduced to 55mph in the I-64 work zone in both directions between Jefferson Avenue (exit 255) and Colonial Parkway.
Please check http://www.i64widening.org/news_information/traffic_alert.asp for the latest closure/detour information.
FULL RAMP CLOSURES SCHEDULED OVERNIGHT FOR I-64 WIDENING PROJECT
Detour will be in place during overnight closures on August 21, 23, 24
YORK COUNTY — Contractor crews with the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) will close the I-64 west off-ramp to VA-143 north (Exit 243B) on August 21, 23, and 24, from 9 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning. The lane closures are necessary to perform bridge construction activities on the I-64 overpass for the second segment of the I-64 Widening Project.
Signs will be in place to alert motorists to the ramp closures and detour.
Traffic will be detoured as follows:
- Take Exit 242A to Humelsine Parkway (VA-199 west)
- Keep right and follow signs for VA-143 detour
- Exit right at the Williamsburg VA-143 exit
Contractor crews with the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) will install consecutive lane closures on Fort Eustis Boulevard (Route 105) and Jefferson Avenue (Route 143) beginning Tuesday, March 29. The lane closures are necessary to perform construction activities for the first segment of the I-64 Widening Project and are estimated to remain in place through mid 2017.
Fort Eustis Boulevard: Right lane closures in the east- and westbound directions between Jefferson Avenue and the bridge over the CSX railroad. The interstate entrance and exit ramps will remain open.
Jefferson Avenue: Left turn traffic from Jefferson Avenue northbound onto Fort Eustis Boulevard will be reduced to one lane.
Motorists are advised to be alert to the reduced 55 mph work zone speed limit between Jefferson Avenue (exit 255) and Lee Hall (exit 247) which will remain in effect throughout construction.