FULL ROAD CLOSURE SCHEDULED BENEATH OVERPASSES ON INDUSTRIAL PARK DRIVE FOR I-64 WIDENING PROJECT
Detours will be in place during closure from April 28-May 1
NEWPORT NEWS —Contractor crews with the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) will close all lanes in both directions on Industrial Park Drive directly beneath the Interstate 64 overpasses between Trusswood Lane and Ridgeview Drive from 7 p.m. on Friday, April 28 until 5 a.m. on Monday, May 1. Access to businesses will be maintained throughout the closure from either Jefferson Avenue or Warwick Boulevard.
The lane closures are necessary to perform bridge construction activities for the first segment of the I-64 Widening Project. All construction work is dependent upon weather conditions.
Signs will be in place to alert motorists to the detour.
During the Industrial Park Drive closure, traffic will be detoured as follows:
Southbound/Westbound Industrial Park Drive (from Jefferson Avenue) will be detoured to Fort Eustis Boulevard (Route 105) to Warwick Boulevard (Route 60):
• Drive west on Route 143 Jefferson Avenue to Route 105 Fort Eustis Boulevard
• Turn left onto Route 105 Fort Eustis Boulevard west
• Exit onto Route 60 Warwick Boulevard east
• Turn left onto Industrial Park Drive
Northbound/Eastbound Industrial Park Drive (from Warwick Boulevard) will be detoured to Fort Eustis Boulevard (Route 105) to Jefferson Avenue (Route 60)
• Drive west on Route 60 Warwick Boulevard
• Exit onto Route 105 Fort Eustis Boulevard east
• Turn right onto Route 143 Jefferson Avenue
• Turn right onto Industrial Park Drive
Lane closures and construction information will be announced weekly. Project information and construction updates will also be available on the VDOT website at http://i64widening.org/ and on Twitter and Facebook.
OVERNIGHT LANE CLOSURES AND TRAFFIC SHIFT SCHEDULED FOR I-64 WIDENING PROJECT
Sunday, April 23 – Saturday, April 29
NEWPORT NEWS—For the week of Sunday, April 23, through Saturday, April 29, lane closures are scheduled for the I-64 Widening Project as follows:
· Segment I:
· I-64 east: Single-lane closure from Fort Eustis Boulevard (exit 250) to Route 143 Jefferson Avenue (exit 255) April 24-27, from 9 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning.
· I-64 west: Single-lane closure from Fort Eustis Boulevard (exit 250) to Industrial Park Drive on April 23-24, from 9 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning.
· Traffic shifts will occur overnight moving the two existing travel lanes on the concrete pavement to the left onto the new travel lanes in the median as follows:
· April 23-24: I-64 WB from Industrial Park Drive to Fort Eustis Boulevard.
· April 24-25: I-64 EB from Industrial Park Drive to Denbigh Boulevard.
· April 25-26: I-64 EB from Fort Eustis Boulevard to Industrial Park Drive.
· Segment II:
· Alternating single-lane closure on I-64 east and west from Colonial Parkway to Lee Hall (exit 247) April 25-27, starting as early as 8 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning.
· Jefferson Avenue: Westbound permanent right-lane closure under I-64 for temporary widening continues. One lane will remain open.
· The speed limit is reduced to 55mph in the I-64 work zone in both directions between Jefferson Avenue (exit 255) and Busch Gardens (exit 243).
· Please check http://www.i64widening.org/news_information/traffic_alert.asp for the latest closure/detour information.
Closures to remain in effect through late 2016
Contractor crews with the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) will install consecutive lane closures on Fort Eustis Boulevard (Route 105) and Jefferson Avenue (Route 143) beginning Tuesday, March 29. The lane closures are necessary to perform construction activities for the first segment of the I-64 Widening Project and are estimated to remain in place through late 2016.
Fort Eustis Boulevard: Right lane closures in the east- and westbound directions between Jefferson Avenue and the bridge over the CSX railroad. The interstate entrance and exit ramps will remain open.
Jefferson Avenue: Left turn traffic from Jefferson Avenue northbound onto Fort Eustis Boulevard will be reduced to one lane.
Motorists are advised to be alert to the reduced 55 mph work zone speed limit between Jefferson Avenue (exit 255) and Lee Hall (exit 247) which will remain in effect throughout construction.